Several photographs of the Lindsey, Gleason and Randall families of the Athol, Massachusetts, area. The oldest person in the photograph is Martha Atkins (Rich) Lindsey (1827-1904), wife of Charles Lindsey (1827-1885) and matriarch in the collection.
Martha was born 8 June 1827 at Phillipston, Massachusetts, daughter of Benjamin Rich and Abigail (Day) Rich and married Charles Lindsey about 1848.
Note: at least one record shows the surname as Linzee.
Also in the collection:
- CDV of Ella J. (Lindsey) Gleason (abt 1851-1923), born in Dana, Massachusetts, daughter of Charles Lindsey and Martha Atkins (Rich) Lindsey; married Francis W. Gleason, "Frank", on 3 November 1876 at Athol, Massachusetts
- CDV of Francis W. Gleason (1851-1924), born in 1853, son of Alexander and Sarah Gleason; married Ella J. Lindsey on 3 November 1876 at Athol, Massachusetts
- two CDVs of Mary Alice (Lindsey) Randall (1856-1914), born 10 March 1856 in Dana, Massachusetts, daughter of Charles Lindsey and Martha Atkins (Rich) Lindsey; married George Walter Randall on 12 September 1880 at Athol, Massachusetts; she died in 1914 at Athol, Massachusetts.
- CDV of George Walter Randall, born 28 April 1851 at Petersham, Massachusetts, son of David Randall and Abigail Randall; married Mary Alice Lindsey on 12 September 1880 at Athol, Massachusetts.
- CDV of a baby identified as David Lindsey Randall (1882-1981), born 8 December 1882 at Athol, Massachusetts, son of George Walter Randall and Mary Alice (Lindsey) Randall; he died in 1981 in Kansas.
- CDV of an unidentified young woman who shares a resemblance to Martha's daughters and may actually be one of them or a relative
If you have information on the Lindsey, Gleason or Randall families, please leave a comment or contact me directly.