- Augustus Bryant, who died in 1914. He and Ethel had a son and a daughter. The son, George Childs Bryant, was named for George E. Childs; and the daughter, Loretta Adelaide Bryant, was named for both Ethel's mother Loretta (Childs) Rollins and stepmother Mary Adelaide (Gammon) Childs.
- William W. Wyer
- Nathan S. Mansur
Tuesday, August 30, 2022
Saturday, August 27, 2022
7 Related Early 1900s Photographs: Nantucket, Sailing, Sanitorium & Staff, possibly in Massachusetts
- the image shown at top, an oval about 5-1/4" by nearly 4", showing 17 medical staff at, perhaps, a sanitorium in Massachusetts; 15 nurses, a matron and a young man who might be a doctor, nurse or orderly.
- photograph, about 5" by nearly 4", of a cozy room with beds, table, wheelchair and large wood burner
- a blurry photograph, about 5" by nearly 4", of a room with multiple beds and a woman sitting at left; some of the beds are occupied
- photograph, about 6" by nearly 4", of a nurse in a room with several beds, at least two occupied
- photograph, about 6" by nearly 4", of a nurse in an examining or operating room
- photograph, about 4" by 3-3/4", taken from the Steamer Gay Head while off Nantucket, showing vessels at anchor, wharves, a smoke stack at left, many buildings and a church on higher ground
- a photograph, about 3-1/2" square, of what appears to be a family enjoying a sail on a schooner, with a man in uniform steering
Wednesday, August 3, 2022
Photograph, presumably Graduation Photograph of young man IDed as Bill Drisko; by the Flanagan studio
Baby Book of Edward Hellwig Wagner (1902-1982), California Native; would like to Reunite with Family
Baby book of Edward Hellwig Wagner (1902-1982)
This is a guest post, from a person who has come into possession of this wonderful book and would very much like to see it returned to the Wagner family. Write to the email address in the right margin under Inquiries, and your email will be passed along.
The baby of the book is Edward Hellwig Wagner. He has an established FamilySearch page. I will add a link at the end here. The family lived in San Joaquin, California. According to the FamilySearch page, the family had immigrated a couple generations prior to California from Germany. This book contains names of family, places they lived, and just a lot of details that give this family history some texture.
I don’t need this book. It does not to pertain to me or any of my research. I am so very happy to pass it on to anyone researching this family.
More on Edward, who grew up in Stockton and graduated from Stockton High School.
Edward Hellwig Wagner (1902-1982)
- Born 7 February 1902 in Stockton, California, to Edward Charles Wagner (1869-1940) and Helen Augusta (Hellwig) Wagner (1873-1951), "Nellie.
- 1910 - at home in Stockton, California, with his parents
- 1920 Census, at home in Stockton, California, with his parents
- The 1930 Census, at home in Stockton, California, with his parents, working as an assistant manager at an investment firm.
- The 1940 Census , at home in Stockton, California, with his parents; manager of an airport in or around Stockton.
- His World War II draft card shows that he was living on his own in Carson City, Nevada, and working for Pathfinder Flying Services.
- By 1950 he was ranching in Garberville, California and living with his widowed mother.
- Death - 1982
Photograph of a Young Woman IDed on the Reverse as Phyllis Young (Johnson); Melrose Massachusetts studio.
If you have a theory as to the identity of this woman, please leave a comment for the benefit of other researchers.
Tuesday, August 2, 2022
Snapshot of 11 People, some IDed: George, Helen & Minnie Fisch; Ivar & Hild Olson; Elsie Schuster, Henry Swanson
- Ivar Olson
- Elsie Schuster
- Minnie Fisch
- Helen Fisch
- Henry Swanson
- George Fisch
- Hild Olson