Photograph of a woman identified on the reverse as Catherine (Wund) Golding, wife of Steven Golding, with more information on her family. Taken by a studio in Saint Louis, Missouri.
On the reverse: "Catherine Wund married Steven Golding - they had 3 boys & 3 girls, lost twins. We called her Aunt Kate; had brothers interested in politics - Eldest brother Jake, Charlie 2nd brother. Jake had daughter."
From brief online research, hopefully correct - corrections and additions gratefully received:
About 1874, Catarina Wund (1851-1924), "Catherine", married Christopher Stephen Golding (1844-1923). According to the photograph, Catherine had 3 sons and 3 daughters and lost twins. It may be that she lost one child each from two sets of twins, rather than losing both children from one set, but perhaps a reader has more insight.
And, hopefully, a reader will have an idea of how the photograph happened to be taken in Saint Louis, Missouri.
Children I found: 9 listed, so either a mistake in the photograph or in my research
- Stephen Wund Golding (b. 18 May 1874)
- Thomas W. Golding (1875-1941)
- Charles William Golding (1875-1895)
- Stephen Golding (23 Jan 1877)
- Catherine W. Golding (1877-1924)
- Florence Louise Golding (1879-1933)
- Ethel Golding (1881-1904)
- Edwin S. Golding (1883-1926)
- Mabel Elaine Golding (1890-).
Although Catherine had several other siblings as well, the two mentioned on the reverse of the photograph were:
- Jacob C. Wund (1846-1927)
- Charles (1853-unk)
If you have corrections and/or additions to the information above, please leave a comment or contact me directly.