Cabinet photograph of a man identified on the reverse as John H. Goodwin. The photograph was taken by the studio of J. E. Edgecomb of Gardiner, Maine.
From brief online research, hopefully correct - corrections and additions requested:
There were several men by the name of John H. Goodwin in the Gardiner, Maine, area. And we don't know if this man actually lived at Gardiner or was just visiting there.
Some possibilities in Kennebec County, Maine, and there are more:
- John H. Goodwin, born about 1843 in Maine, son of Oliver Goodwin and Hannah (Marsh) Goodwin. He died in 1863, which I believe is before the photograph was taken, so he is ruled out.
- John H. Goodwin, born about 1847, son of Otis Goodwin and Joanna Goodwin; lived at Rome, Maine.
- John H. Goodwin, born about 1844 at Clinton, Maine, son of Randolph Goodwin and Olive (Nelson) Goodwin)
- John H. Goodman, born about October 1871 at West Gardiner, Maine, son of George W. Goodwin and Mary Abigail (Garland) Goodwin; married Odessa Campbell on January 8, 1894 at Gardiner, Maine
- John H. Goodwin, born about 1826; married Clara Choate. John died in 1901 and is buried at Litchfield, Maine
- John H. Goodwin, born April 8, 1827 at Hallowell, Maine, the son of Reuel W. Goodwin and Harriet (Goodwin) Goodwin; married Clara Augusta Luce. Died 1911