- Elisha P. Cutler (abt 1780-1813), Attorney, North Yarmouth, Maine
- Stephen Field, defendant, Falmouth, Maine
- Sam Freeman, Cumberland County, Maine, Clerk of Court
- Andrew Mann, plaintiff, North Yarmouth, Maine
- Seth Mitchell, Deputy Sheriff - possibly Seth Mitchell (1770-1821) of North Yarmouth, Maine
Saturday, January 8, 2022
1805 Document Where the Goods & Estate of Stephen Field of Falmouth, Maine, are Attached for Defaulting on a Note to Andrew Mann of North Yarmouth, Maine
1805 document where Sam Freeman (1743-1831), Clerk of Cumberland County, directs Deputy Sheriff Seth Mitchell to attach the goods and estate of Stephen Field of Falmouth, Maine, to the amount of $150, for Field's nonpayment of a note to Aaron Mann of North Yarmouth, Maine.
The reverse bears the name of Elisha P. Cutler (abt 1780-1813), Attorney, of North Yarmouth, Maine.
If you have information to share on any of the men mentioned on this document, please leave a comment for the benefit of other researchers.
Note: Regarding the map below, be aware that North Yarmouth, Maine, was much larger in area in 1805 - it would then have encompassed what is now Yarmouth, Cumberland and Pownal and more.