1800 document of Justices of the Court of Common Pleas in the matter of Jeremiah Hutching of Fryeburg, Maine, vs. David Ardway of North Yarmouth, Maine.
- Jeremiah Hutching, Plaintiff, of Fryeburg, Maine (then in the County of York)
- Ammi R. Mitchell, Justice of the Peace
- David Ardway, Defendant, of North Yarmouth, Maine - presumably a variant of Ordway
- S. Freeman - Samuel Freeman (1743-1831), Clerk of the Courts of Cumberland County, Maine
- John or Johan ?, Attorney for the Plaintiff
If you can identify and/or have information to share on any of these men, please leave a comment for the benefit of other researchers.
Note: Regarding the map below, be aware that North Yarmouth, Maine, was much larger in area in 1805 - it would then have encompassed what is now Yarmouth, Cumberland and Pownal and more.