Included in the 1873 booklet entitled Constitution, By-Laws and Code of Medical Ethics of the Maine Medical Association is a list of the members, including deceased members, by their counties of residence, as those counties exist today.
You can see images of all of the pages of the booklet in another post, as well as a list of all of the members in alphabetical order by their surnames.
This post identifies the physicians from Washington County, Maine, up to 1873, including deceased members.
- John Baker of East Machias, Maine
- Charles P. Chandler of Addison, Maine
- Hewitt Chandler Fessenden of Eastport, Maine
- Job Holmes* of Calais, Maine
- Charles J. Milliken of Cherryfield, Maine
- Jabez Woodman Murray of Machias, Maine
- Charles Edward Swan of Calais, Maine
- Edwin Howard Vose of Calais, Maine