1933 obituary of Fred C. Emery (1868-1933) of Skowhegan, Maine.
The obituary is pasted in a scrapbook of items mostly from the areas around Skowhegan, Maine, and Dexter, Maine.
FRED C. EMERY
SKOWHEGAN, April 2 - Fred C. Emery, 64, money order clerk in Skowhegan post office, died of pneumonia, Saturday night. Mr. Emery was the oldest clerk in the office, having been there for 27 years and was due to retirement next October. In earlier life he had been a Maine Central Railroad fireman.
Mr. Emery was the son of Levi C. and Jeanette F. Woodbury Emery. He married Miss Mary Webb, who died two years ago. He was a member of the National Association of Post Office Clerks.
He leaves one sister, Mrs. Belle McPheters, who resides with him; and a cousin, Albert Dyer of Skowhegan. The funeral will be Tuesday afternoon at two o'clock, Rev. Geo. Merriam, D.D. officiating.
- Fred C. Emery (1868-1933)
- Levi C. Emery (1832-1911) and Jennette Frances (Woodbury) Emery (1834-1914); Fred's parents
- Mary (Webb) Emery (1868-1931); Fred's late wife
- Isabelle Tuttle (Emery) McPheters (1859-1933), "Belle" or "Bell", widow of Andrew F. McPheters (1865-1908)
- Albert Forrest Dyer (1856-1937); Fred's cousin, who was the son of Civil War Brevet Brigadier General Isaac Dyer (1820-1913) and Lydia F. (Emery) Dyer (1828-1904), a sister to Fred's father Levi C. Emery
- Rev. George Merriam, D.D.