1933 obituary of Mrs. Hannah W. (Maxwell) Ward (-1933) of Madison, Maine; widow of Marcellus S. Ward (1843-1925)
The obituary is pasted in a scrapbook of items mostly from the areas of Skowhegan, Maine, and Dexter, Maine.
MRS. HANNAH WARD [handwritten 1933]
MADISON, Jan. 12 - Mrs. Hannah Ward, 84, died in her sleep Wednesday night. She had been in failing health for the past four years but the end came unexpectedly. She was a native of Anson, the widow of Marcellus S. Ward, who was a well-known contractor. The most of her life had been spent in this town. Surviving are her sons Forest J. and Ernest H. Ward, both of Madison. Her sister, Mrs. Sarah Robinson, now nearly 92 years old, lived with her. She had long been a valued member of the Madison Congregational church.
The funeral will be in the church Saturday afternoon. [handwritten 1933]
- Mrs. Hannah (Maxwell) Ward (-1933), born about 1847 in Industry, Maine, daughter of Roswell Maxwell (1804-1886) and Sally (Fish) Maxwell (1814-1903)
- Marcellus S. Ward (1843-1925); Hannah's late husband, whom she married in 1865 at Skowhegan, Maine
- Forest J. Ward (1866-1939); Hannah's son
- Ernest Howard Ward (1878-1962); Hannah's son
- Mrs. Sarah F. (Maxwell) Blethen Robinson (abt 1842-); Hannah's sister, who was married to Samuel Blethen and Greenlief W. Robinson (1837-1919)