1923 obituary of Dr. Edward Copeland Merrill (1853-1923) of Farmington, Maine.
The obituary is pasted in a scrapbook of items mostly from the area encompassing Skowhegan, Maine, and Dexter, Maine, with a few outside.
DR. EDWARD C. MERRILL DIES AT FARMINGTON
For 45 Years One of the Leading Dentists - Was Prominent in Masonry
FARMINGTON, Jan 13 - (Special). - Dr. Edward Copeland Merrill of this town, for 45 years the leading dentist in this town, died Friday evening. He was born in 1853, the son of Captain Edward I. and Celinda (Norcross) Merrill. Captain Merrill who earned his rank in the Civil War, was for many years postmaster of Farmington.
Dr. Merrill was an expert dentist. He was much interested in Masonry and had been at the head of the Pilgrim Commandery of the Knight Templars. He is survived by his wife who was Miss Ellen M. Worthley, and four children, Edward W., a druggist in Waltham, Mass., Colby L., a clerk in the Farmington post office; Gretchen, wife of Harold Tibbetts of Farmington, and Copeland, a student at [obscured, but presumably Tufts] Dental College, and a brother, Dana R. Merrill.
- Dr. Edward Copeland Merrill (1853-1923)
- Captain Edward Ilsley Merrill (1826-1897); father of Dr. Edward Copeland Merrill
- Celinda (Norcross) Merrill (1824-1908); mother of Dr. Edward Copeland Merrill
- Helen M. (Worthley) Merrill (1854-1944), or Ellen as mentioned in the obituary; wife of Dr. Edward Copeland Merrill
- Edward Worthley Merrill (1884-); son of Dr. Edward Copeland Merrill
- Colby Logan Merrill (1887-1962); son of Dr. Edward Copeland Merrill
- Gretchen (Merrill) Tibbetts (1893-); daughter of Dr. Edward Copeland Merrill; wife of Harold Dresser Tibbetts (1896-1962)
- Copeland Merrill (1896-1984); son of Dr. Edward Copeland Merrill
- Dana Roscoe Merrill (1867-1937); brother of Dr. Edward Copeland Merrill