Late 19th, early 20th century photograph album of photographs and CDVs Several of those pictured were from the Way and Grant families of Canterbury, New Brunswick, which had several interconnections.
The album measures approximately 8-1/2" by 7" and contains 23 photographs, two memorial cards and the image of a painting of a sailing vessel.
Way Siblings and offspring:
- Harry LeBaron Way (1883-1941), "Barry"who married Effie Rosella Harvey; they moved to Maine
- Sarah Adelaid Way, or Adelaid Sarah Way (1886-1950), "Addie", who would marry Andrew Charles Grant (1876-1957). Andrew was a brother to the siblings Emma Jane Grant and Edward Harris Grant mentioned below.
- Eldon Abel Way (1888-1958), who married Eva Sophia Caswell (1895-)
- Their son, Melbourne Plummer Way (1918-1958); studio imprint faint but possibly Wight
- Edward Grant, possibly Edward Harris Grant (1876-1957), who married Lillian Isabel Grant (1893-1977); at some point they moved to Maine. The gravestone shows Edward L. Grant, though other sources call him Edward Harris Grant.
- Memorial Card for Emil White, born Oct. 29, 1893; died Feb. 17, 1913. Age 19 years, 3 mos. 19 days. Emil White (1893-1913) (LeBlanc) was the son of Narcisse LeBlanc (Nelson White) and Helen Angeline (Chomereau dit St. Vincent) LeBlanc (White). Emil's sister Hermina (White-LeBlanc) Way (1886-1985) married Percy Leroy Way (1884-1953), a brother to the Way siblings mentioned above. This connection might explain the Quebec studio imprint and the fact that the age of one unidentified 63 year old man was written in French. Perhaps the two CDVs from Houtzdale, Pennsylvania, were Emil's parents or grandparents.
- Memorial Card for David Peavey, Died Jan. 22, 1894. Aged 69 Yrs 3 mos 8 days; possibly the David Peavey (1825-1894) buried in the Evergreen Cemetery at Garland, Maine, husband of Betsey (Wentworth) Peavey (1833-1920).
- Woodstock, New Brunswick
- Weston, Bangor, Maine
- Edwards studio
- Chase, Foxcroft, Maine
- Call studio
- A. B. Carr studio, Old Town, Maine
- William M. Evans, Houtzdale, Pennsylvania - 2 CDVs which appear to be husband and wife, with the husband's age and birthdate written in French
- L. P. Vallee studio, No. 10, Rue St. Jean, Quebec
- Clement studio of Milo, Maine
Sarah Adelaid Way, or Adelaid Sarah Way (1886-1950), "Addie"
Emma Jane Grant (1886-1925)
Edward Harris Grant (1876-1957) - or possibly Emma's husband Edmund Angus Grant (1880-1952), if the identification is off