Obituary of Mrs. Emma Frances (Fletcher) Steward (1849-1929) of North Anson, Maine, with a handwritten date of 1929. She was the wife of Charles W. Steward (1848-1930).
The obituary is pasted in a scrapbook of items mostly from the area encompassing Skowhegan, Maine, and Dexter, Maine.
Mrs. Emma F. Steward
The sudden and unexpected death of Mrs. Emma F. Steward, Saturday morning, August 24, marks the passing of a member of one of the old and respected families of North Anson. Mrs. Steward, daughter of John A. and Laura M. Fletcher, was born in North Anson April 3rd, 1849. She was married June 2, 1870 to Chas. W. Steward who survives her. They lived for a number of years in North Anson.
For many years Mrs. Steward was an active and faithful member of the Universalist church, a member of the Sunshine Society and the Woman's Association of the Federated church. Besides her husband she is survived by three sisters, Mrs. Alice Steward of Virginia, Mrs. Elizabeth Emery and Mrs. Mae Parsons of North Anson; also a daughter, Miss Mabel Steward, teacher of history in the Shepley School at Bryan [sic] Mawr, Penna. Miss Steward is at present travelling in Germany and Austria and was not able to be reached at the time of her mother's death. She is expected to sail from Germany om the S. S. Bremen September 6 and will arrive at North Anson about September 12.
Funeral services were held at Mrs. Steward's late home on upper Main street, North Anson, Rev. C. Wellington Rogers officiating.
Mentioned in addition to Mrs. Emma Frances (Fletcher) Steward and her husband Charles W. Steward:
- John A. Fletcher (1825-1905); father of Emma Frances (Fletcher) Steward
- Laura Ann (Metcalf) Fletcher (1830-1905); mother of Emma Frances (Fletcher) Steward
- Mrs. Alice Steward - Alice A. (Fletcher) Steward (1855-1937), sister of Emma Frances (Fletcher) Steward and wife of Gustavus A. Steward (1853-1925)
- Mrs. Elizabeth Emery - Elizabeth (Fletcher) Emery (1861-1934), sister of Emma Frances (Fletcher) Steward and wife of Wallace Emery (1858-1928)
- Mrs. Mae Parsons - Mae R. (Fletcher) Parsons (1864-1947), sister of Emma Frances (Fletcher) Steward and wife of Alfred S. Parsons (1860-1936)
- Miss Mabel Steward - Mabel Alice Steward (1874-1947) - daughter of Emma Frances (Fletcher) Steward and Charles W. Steward
If you have information to share on any of the people mentioned above, please leave a comment.
Post a Comment