1905 Graduation photograph of Joseph Alfred Fallows (1887-1979), a student at the Technical High School at Providence, Rhode Island.
The photograph itself is 4" x 3"; the piece mounted is 10" x 7". It was found with 15 similar photographs of 6 other young men and 9 young women. Most of the photographs, if not all, were taken by the Edgar K. Horton studio of Providence.
A list of the people in the photograph appears at the end of this post.
From online research, hopefully correct: [corrections welcome!]
Joseph Alfred Fallows (1887-1979) was born 23 July 1887 at Pawtucket, Rhode Island, the son of Joseph and Deborah (Wardle) Fallows, both born in England, Lancashire, I think.
On 10 February 1912, Joseph Alfred Fallows married Bessie W. Young, daughter of Junia and second wife Mary Young. Mary may have been born Mary Congdon or Mary Congdon Watson.
By the time of the 1920 Census, the couple and their daughter Elizabeth were living at Providence, Rhode Island, with Bessie's mother Mary. Joseph was working as a bookkeeper at a bank. The same held true for the 1930 Census.
By 1940, Bessie's mother Mary had died. Joseph, Bessie and Elizabeth were still at Providence, with Joseph working as an accountant and his wife and daughter working as teachers.
If you have corrections and/or information to share, please leave a comment for the benefit of other researchers.
People in the sixteen photographs:
- Ethel B. Arnold, June 1905
- Rachel C. Arnold, T.H.S. 1905
- Ernest Spencer Calder, Tech 05, "Giles Corey"
- Mary Alice Carpenter, June 1905
- Jessie J. Colvin, T.H.S. '05
- Florence Dombey Colwell, Class of 1905, T.H.S.
- Edith M. Fairbrother, T.H.S. 1905
- Joseph Alfred Fallows, Tech. '05
- Farah C. Glynne, [not sure of this name], T.H.S. 1905
- Annie Francesca Goff, Class of 1905 [died 22 March 1909]
- Marjorie Goff, Christmas 1904
- George Gould, T.H.S. '05
- Ella Grace Hartman, April 26, 1905
- Charles J. Martin, T.H.S. '05 [became noted artist Charles James Martin]
- Frank Bartlett McSoley, T.H.S. 1905
- Mancel Talcott, T.H.S. '05
View Larger Map
Post a Comment