Note: Please scroll down to the comments for additional background on Frank provided by a reader on 31 March 2013.
1905 graduation photograph of Frank Bartlett McSoley (1885-1916), a student at Technical High School at Providence, Rhode Island.
The photograph itself is 4" x 3"; the piece mounted is 10" x 7". It was found with 15 similar photographs of 6 other young men and 9 young women. Most of the photographs, if not all, were taken at the studio of Edgar K. Horton of Providence.
A list of the people in the photographs appears at the end of this post.
From online research, hopefully correct: [corrections welcome!]
Frank Bartlett McSoley (1885-1916) was born 11 December 1885 at Providence, Rhode Island, the son of Bartholomew and Carrie A. (Slocum) McSoley, who were born in Rhode Island and Massachusetts respectively.
In the 1910 Census of Providence, Frank was shown as living with his parents and maternal grandmother and working as an electrical engineer at an electric company.
Sadly, he died at the age of 30, on 15 August 1916 in Rhode Island.
If you have corrections and/or information to share, please leave a comment for the benefit of other researchers.
A list of the people in the 16 photographs:
- Ethel B. Arnold, June 1905
- Rachel C. Arnold, T.H.S. 1905
- Ernest Spencer Calder, Tech 05, "Giles Corey"
- Mary Alice Carpenter, June 1905
- Jessie J. Colvin, T.H.S. '05
- Florence Dombey Colwell, Class of 1905, T.H.S.
- Edith M. Fairbrother, T.H.S. 1905
- Joseph Alfred Fallows, Tech. '05
- Farah C. Glynne, [not sure of this name], T.H.S. 1905
- Annie Francesca Goff, Class of 1905 [died 22 March 1909]
- Marjorie Goff, Christmas 1904
- George Gould, T.H.S. '05
- Ella Grace Hartman, April 26, 1905
- Charles J. Martin, T.H.S. '05 [became noted artist Charles James Martin]
- Frank Bartlett McSoley, T.H.S. 1905
- Mancel Talcott, T.H.S. '05