Caribou Fish Hatchery in WinterEight early 1900s photographs of northern Aroostook County, Maine, and two of Victoria County, New Brunswick:
- 2 photos of the Caribou Fish Hatchery, one in Winter and one in a warmer season; Caribou, Maine
- Caribou High School; Caribou, Maine
- Caribou Court House; Caribou, Maine
- Fish River Falls, one of at least two on the Fish River in Aroostook County, Maine
- two views of Portage Lake in Portage, Maine: the Inlet and Oak Point
- unidentified Main Street, possibly Caribou, Maine
- Grand Falls at Grand Falls, New Brunswick, near Hamlin, Maine
- Bridge over the Tobique River in Victoria County, New Brunswick
It's possible that these photographs were taken to be made into postcards.
If you recognize the "Main Street" below, please leave a comment. The elevation behind and the road leading uphill may give a clue.
The photographs: Click on any image to enlarge it in a new window
Caribou Fish Pond, Hatchery at Caribou, Maine
Fish Hatchery in Winter, Caribou, Maine
Caribou High School, Caribou, Maine
The Inlet, Portage Lake, in Portage, Maine; nothing on reverse
Oak Point - Portage Lake in Portage, Maine
Portion of Main Street - presumably a town in Aroostook County, Maine, possibly Caribou, Maine
Grand Falls, New Brunswick, near Hamlin, Maine
Bridge across Tobique River in Victoria County, New Brunswick
If you have information to share on any of these photographs, please leave a comment for the benefit of other researchers.
Post a Comment