Collection of 21 photographs of the Trefethen family of Maine, including photographs taken at studios at:
- Augusta, Maine
- Dexter, Maine
- Farmington, Maine
- Lewiston, Maine
- Portland, Maine
- Waterville, Maine
- Boston, Massachusetts
- Northampton, Massachusetts
- a photograph of Joseph and Susan Burnham (Webster) Trefethen (above with son Fred Elburn Trefethen and his wife Addie Marcia (Bump) Trefethen and one of their children
- photographs of adult children of Joseph Trefethen and Susan Burnham (Webster) Trefethen: Henry Emerson Trefethen; Annie (Trefethen) Snow and Fred Elburn Trefethen
- children and grandchildren of Henry Emerson Trefethen.
Henry married twice:
- Alice Rosamund Porter of Mount Vernon, Maine, daughter of William and Sarah Porter; Henry and Alice had, I believe, seven children
- Mary Amanda Muzzy, daughter of Horace and Amanda Almeda (True) Muzzy; Henry and Mary Amanda had, I believe, two children.
Below, Alice Ruth Trefethen, daughter of Henry Emerson Trefethen and first wife Alice (Porter) Trefethen. The photograph was taken at the Harry L. Plummer studio at Lewiston, Maine. I'm not sure if Alice attended Bates College at Lewiston or not, but I do know that she attended Colby College at Waterville, Maine.
Three photographs of a young woman identified as Frances Esther Trefethen, plus another photo that appears to be Frances. The photographs were taken at Waterville, Maine, and are possibly photographs taken on the occasion of Frances' graduation from Colby College. Below, two of the identified photographs of Frances.
The two photographs below, in the same oversized format and jacket and taken at the Neal studio at Waterville, Maine, may depict a husband and wife.
If you are recognize anyone in the unidentified photographs, please leave a comment or contact me directly. If you would like to see the photographs of the people who may still be living, please contact me.