June 24, 1864 Canton, Maine, document where Selectmen Hiram A. Ellis and John D. Hodge direct Town Treasurer Isaac N. Stanley, Esq., to pay C. A. Coolidge $6.25 for medical attendance on family of Stephen Cushman [middle initial struck over].
Click here to see a list of more 19th century documents and correspondence relating to Canton, Maine.
Paper scrap; minimal handwriting on the reverse.
These men were presumably:
- Hiram Augustus Ellis (1826-1904), Selectman
- John Davis Hodge (1811-aft 1880), Selectman
- Isaac Newton Stanley (1804-1881), Town Treasurer
- Dr. Charles Archelaus Coolidge (1830-1911)
- Stephen L. Cushman (1832-1904)
If you have corrections and/or information to share on any of these men, please leave a comment or contact me directly.
Post a Comment