November 25, 1843 Canton, Maine, document, where Selectmen Caleb P. Holland and Ezekiel Treat, Jr., direct Treasurer Gideon Ellis, Esq. to pay Cornelius Holland $37.08 for cash advanced in the case of John Frances vs. the town. The figure of $37.08 shows other amounts of $.37 and $.06 added to it, for a total of $37.50.
Paper scrap; handwriting on reverse.
Click here to see a list of more 19th century documents and correspondence relating to Canton, Maine.
The men mentioned were, or may have been:
- Caleb P. Holland (abt 1805-1878); Selectman of Canton, Maine
- Ezekiel Treat, Jr. (1804-1879), Selectman of Canton, Maine
- Gideon Ellis (1796-1872), Town Treasurer of Canton, Maine
- Cornelius Holland (1783-1870)
- John Francis (abt 1767-1858)
If you have alternate identities for these men, corrections and/or information to share on any of them, please leave a comment or contact me directly.
Post a Comment