- Thomas McCollister, Constable - perhaps Thomas McCollister (abt 1775-1856) or his son Thomas McCollister, Jr., (abt 1808-1844)
- Caleb P. Holland (abt 1805-1878), Selectman
- John McCollister (abt 1802-1875), Selectman
- Otis Hayford (abt 1802-1871), Store Owner near Hayford's Mills
- John Kelsey (abt 1800-1861), Store Owner at Canton Point
Friday, July 2, 2021
1838 Canton, Maine Document: Warrant for State Elections: Thomas McCollister, Caleb P. Holland, John McCollister, Otis Hayford, John Kelsey
August 27, 1838 Canton, Maine, document, where Constable Timothy McCollister is directed by Selectmen Caleb P. Holland and John McCollister to post notice about the upcoming State Elections, for freeholders and other inhabitants in Canton to vote at the School house on September 10.
On the reverse, on August 31, 1838, Constable McCollister certifies that he posted notices in the stores of Otis Hayford, near Hayford's Mills, and John Kelsey at Canton Point.
Approximately 11-3/4" by 7-3/4". Click on an image to enlarge it.
Top part of front of document
Bottom part of front of document
Reverse of document
The men mentioned above were, presumably:
If you have corrections and/or information to share on any of these men, please leave a comment or contact me directly.