October 17, 1853 Canton, Maine, document where Selectmen Caleb P. Holland and Granville Childs direct Town Treasurer John M. DeShon to pay Cyrus H. Dyke $4.50 for boarding School Teacher in Said District No. 4 the Summer Past. Presumably the teacher was Ruby White, mentioned in a companion document, dated October 14, 1853, which was an order to pay for her services for the summer term.
Click here to see a list of more 19th century documents and correspondence relating to Canton, Maine.
Paper scrap; minimal handwriting on the reverse.
The people mentioned above were presumably:
- Caleb P. Holland (abt 1805-1878), Selectman
- Granville Childs (1823-1903), Selectman
- John M. DeShon (1805-1880), Town Treasurer
- Cyrus Hamlin Dyke (1812-1894)
- Ruby White (1826-1897), who would marry Calvin Harden