8 of the photographs are identified by name, or at least "Dole family". A few are dated.
The reverse of the photograph shown at top:
- Charlie - Charles Ira Dole (1878-1975)
- Les - Leslie Joshua Dole (1888-1972)
- Hal - perhaps Harry Chester Dole (1880-1967)
- Art - Arthur Sidney Dole (1893-1985)
- Herb - Herbert Irving Dole (1894-1985)
- Gene - Eugene Morris Dole (1884-1955) - see another post that features the photograph album of Gene's son Floyd E. Dole (1917-2008)
Other photographs with handwriting on the reverse:
- "The Doles" - all elderly people, perhaps as in the photograph at top
- "The Dole Family" - younger people, including children
- dated 1957, taken by "Madaline": "Uncle Herbert" Dole and young Richard Leach and Donald Leach - Herbert Irving Dole (1894-1985)
- "Dole Boys" - Arthur, Charles, Harry & Les - Herbert not present
- "Mae Dole", in a color photo dated December 29, 1959
- Holiday photo of Alice and Ray and cat Peter
- 1924 photo of 15 year old Virginia Anne Jordan
- 1930 photo of sheep
- July 4, 1947 photo of 8 people, appearing to be four generations, perhaps the family of Charles Ira Dole (1878-1975)
- July 4, 1947 photo of 8 people, appearing to be four generations, perhaps the family of Charles Ira Dole (1878-1975), with the woman at right a differentn person than in the previous photograph
- Photograph of the front of Bangor Public Library after the 39" snowfall of December 30 and 31, 1962
- Color photograph of the Coast Guard Station at Brown Point on Vinalhaven Island, Maine
- 3 8/10 photographs of Carol Como - presumably Carol Christine Como (1939-2000)
- graduation photograph, Old Town High School, Old Town, Maine - James Rustin Myers studio
- publicity photo
- at the April in Paris Ball, wearing a Russian sable coat
"Uncle Herbert" and Richard Leach and Ronald Leach
Reverse of the photograph above
If you have information to share on the Dole Family of Holden and elsewhere in Maine and beyond, please leave a comment, being sensitive to the privacy concerns of living people and the family of recently deceased people.
A few of the photographs with nothing written on them:
8" by 10"
Perhaps the family lived along the Dole Hill Road in Holden.
Post a Comment