1898 program of the Fifth Annual Meeting of the Seaside Local Union Christian Endeavor at the Congregational Church, Bluehill, Maine, Friday, September 2, 1898.
The program consists of one sheet of paper approximately 8-1/4" x 5-1/4", folded in half for final dimensions of about 4-1/8" x 5-1/4". It was printed by Enterprise Print. The town is known today as Blue Hill, Maine.
- 2:00 Praise Service, led by Mrs. R. P. Grindle
- 2:10 Responsive Scripture Reading and Prayer, led by Rev. E. Bean
- 2:25 Business. Reports of Societies. Reports of Junior Work
- 3:00 Discussion: "The enforcement of the Pledge as Essential to Success in Y. P. S. C. E., to be opened by Mrs. Carrie P. Webber
- 3:20 Discussion: "Strict Observance of the Constitution and By-Laws as Essential to Success in Y.P.S.C.E.", to be opened by Mr. Martin Moore
- 3:40 Discussion: "Elements of a successful business meeting", to be opened by Mrs. C. S. McLearn
- 4:00 Report of the Nashville Convention, - Trip through the Southland, - Visit to the Soldiers at Chickamauga Park and Hampton Roads, Va, by Mr. C. L. Estey
- 6:30 Praise and Testimony Meeting, led by Rev. R. L. Olds (All are cordially invited to take part.)
- 7:00 Question Box, Conducted by Rev. E. L. Hunt
- 7:30 Address, Rev. A. F. Schauffler, D.D. of New York
- This promises to be one of the best meetings of the Union.
- Remember that the afternoon service begins at 2 o'clock promptly. Be on time.
- Picnic supper in the vestry
- Executive Committee will meet in the vestry during opening exercises at 2.
President - Rev. E. Bean, Bluehill
Vice President - F. W. Richardson, North Orland
Cor. Secretary - Mrs. Carrie P. Webber, East Bluehill
Rec. Secretary - Mrs. R. P. Grindle, Bluehill
Treasurer - Mrs. E. E. Tinker, Ellsworth
Ellsworth Free Baptist
If you have information on any of the people mentioned in this program, please leave a comment or contact me directly. Thanks!
View Larger Map