- John Hill, administrator - several possibilities; perhaps a reader will weigh in
- George W. Wallingford, Justice of the Peace and Appraiser - possibly George Washington Wallingford (1815-1878)
- Andrew Walker, Appraiser - perhaps Andrew Walker, Jr. (1808-1899)
- S. L. Whitten, Appraiser - perhaps Simon L. Whitten (1806-1885)
- H. H. Burbank, of the York County, Maine, Registry of Probate - Horace Harmon Burbank (1837-1905)
Friday, January 8, 2021
Inventory of the Estate of Olive (Gilpatrick) Downing (abt 1803-1876), widow of John Downing (abt 1797-1872) of Kennebunk, Maine
Top half of front
1876 Inventory of the Estate of Olive (Gilpatrick) Downing (abt 1803-1876), widow of ship carpenter John Downing, who had predeceased her in 1872.
Other names mentioned:
Perhaps documents relating to John Downing and Olive (Gilpatrick) Downing appear in the John Downing collection of papers held at the Brick Store Museum in Kennebunk, Maine.
If you have information on any of the people mentioned, please leave a comment or contact me directly.
Bottom half of front
According to a Family Bible mentioned here, Olive (Gilpatrick) Downing was born 4 March 1803, daughter of Samuel Gilpatrick and Hannah (Wormwood) Gilpatrick. About 1840, Olive married John Downing.
Written on an interior sheet