Photograph on glass of a young girl identified on the reverse as Helen Eola Mayo.
The photograph measures about 5-1/2" by 4"; the entire piece of glass measures almost 7-1/2" by 5".
From brief online research, hopefully correct - corrections and additions requested:
Helen Eola Mayo was born September 26, 1899, the daughter of plumber Benjamin Mayo and Ida A. (Peavey) Mayo. Ida's father may have been the David Peavey, whose memorial card is featured in another post.
Also found with this photograph were photographs of:
- Bertie Way - by an Escanaba, Michigan studio - presumably Alberta Mabel Way - links to New Brunswick, Canada
- Percy Leroy Way by a Woodstock, New Brunswick studio - lived for a while in Michigan
- Sisters Maebelle White and Margaret White by a Detroit, Michigan studio; presumably from the Hermansville, Michigan area
- Cabinet card of an unidentified elderly man by the J. F. Gerrity studio of Bangor, Maine; handwriting on reverse: July 23, 1896, 94 years - was the date his birthday celebration, his death date or the date the photograph was taken?
- Unidentified people in 8 CDVs from Bangor, Maine; Providence, Rhode Island; and Pawtucket, Rhode Island
- 19th century photograph of students at ? School No 9, possibly Cranford
Eola died in 1983 and is buried with her parents and other relatives in Mount Hope Cemetery at Bangor.
If you have corrections and/or additions to the information above, please leave a comment or contact me directly.
- Maine Vital Records, 1670-1921 - birth record of a Mayo child born to Benjamin W. Mayo and Ida A. (Peavey) Mayo
- U.S. Federal Censuses
- Bangor, Maine, City Directories
- Mount Hope Cemetery Corp and Crematory, Bangor, Maine
Post a Comment