Cabinet photograph by the J. F. Gerrity studio of Bangor, Maine, of an unidentified elderly man, with handwriting on the reverse: July 23, 1896, 94 years.
Was this to note his birthday celebration or perhaps his death date or perhaps merely the date the photograph was taken?
This photograph was found with others, some of which have connections to Maine, New Brunswick, Michigan and Rhode Island. Among the photographs:
- David Peavey, memorial card; presumably regarding David H. Peavey of Exeter, Maine
- Helen Eola Mayo of Bangor, Maine - granddaughter of David H. Peavey
- Sam A. Robinson - photo as a baby; identified as father of Curtis Skolfield Robinson
- Bertie Way [presumably Alberta Mabel Way] - by an Escanaba, Michigan studio - New Brunswick roots
- Percy Leroy Way, by a Woodstock, New Brunswick studio - lived for a while in Michigan
- Sisters Maebelle White and Margaret White by a Detroit, Michigan studio, but from the Hermansville, Michigan area
- Unidentified people in 8 CDVs from Bangor, Maine; Providence, Rhode Island; and Pawtucket, Rhode Island
- 19th century photograph of students at ? School No 9, possibly Cranford
If you recognize this gentleman from your family photographs and/or research, please leave a comment or contact me directly.