Two photographs of a woman identified on the reverse as Bertie Way, presumably Alberta Mabel Way. The photographs were taken by the Ford studio and the Hobb studio, both of Escanaba, Michigan.
The photograph was found with a few other photographs and a memorial card; those identified:
- Helen Eola Mayo - of Bangor, Maine
- David Peavey - presumably the David H. Peavey of Exeter, Maine and, thus, maternal grandfather of Helen Eola Mayo
- Samuel A. Robinson - baby photograph; identified as father of Curtis Skolfield Robinson
- Percy Leroy Way - by a Woodstock, New Brunswick, studio - lived for a while in Michigan
- Maebelle White - by a Detroit, Michigan studio, but born at Hermansville, Michigan; niece of wife of Percy Leroy Way
- Margaret White - by a Detroit, Michigan studio, but possibly born at Hermansville, Michigan; niece of wife of Percy Leroy Way
- Cabinet card of an unidentified elderly man by the J. F. Gerrity studio of Bangor, Maine; handwriting on reverse: July 23, 1896, 94 years - was the date his birthday celebration, his death date or the date the photograph was taken?
- Unidentified people in 8 CDVs from Bangor, Maine; Providence, Rhode Island; and Pawtucket, Rhode Island
- 19th century photograph of students at ? School No 9, possibly Cranford
From brief online research, hopefully correct - corrections and additions requested:
Assuming Bertie was Alberta Mabel Way:
Alberta Mabel Way was born September 18, 1888 in York County, New Brunswick, the daughter of Rainsford Bruce Way and Josephine (Patterson) Way. Since the Percy Leroy Way mentioned above was also born in York County, New Brunswick, there must have been a family relationship - not to mention an attraction to move to Michigan.
The family was living at Southampton parish in York County, New Brunswick at the time of the 1901 Census of Canada. By 1910, it appears that Alberta's mother had died and her father had moved the family to Wells, Michigan. By 1930, she was married to Percy Kyle Bowers. Alberta died in 1956 and is buried in the Gardens of Rest Cemetery at Wells, Michigan.
If you have corrections and/or additions to the information above, please leave a comment or contact me directly.
Post a Comment