Memorial card for David Peavey, who died January 22, 1894 at the age of 69 years, 3 months and 8 days.
The card was found with a collection of photographs from Maine, Michigan, New Brunswick and Rhode Island, one of which is the photograph of Helen Eola Mayo, daughter of Benjamin W. Mayo and Ida A. (Peavey) Mayo. Ida was the daughter of David H. Peavey and Betsey (Wentworth) Peavey.
- Sam A. Robinson - baby photograph; father of Curtis Skolfield Robinson
- Bertie Way; by an Escanaba, Michigan studio; presumably Alberta Mabel Way, who had New Brunswick roots
- Percy Leroy Way; by a Woodstock, New Brunswick studio - he lived for a while in Michigan
- Sisters Maebelle White and Margaret White; by a Detroit, Michigan studio but from the Hermansville, Michigan area; nieces of the wife of Percy Leroy Way
- Cabinet card of an unidentified elderly man by the J. F. Gerrity studio of Bangor, Maine; handwriting on reverse: July 23, 1896, 94 years - was the date his birthday celebration, his death date or the date the photograph was taken?
- Unidentified people in 8 CDVs from Bangor, Maine; Providence, Rhode Island; and Pawtucket, Rhode Island
- 19th century photograph of students at ? School No 9, possibly Cranford
This David, born possibly at Tuftonborough, New Hampshire, was the son of John S. Peavey and Salley (York) Peavey, who had moved their family to Maine by the time of the birth of their daughter Sarah, born about 1836 at Exeter, Maine.
The 1850 Census of Corinna, Maine, lists a widowed Sally with David and other siblings. Not long after, on October 31, 1851, at Exeter, Maine, David married Betsey Wentworth, daughter of Thomas Wentworth and Hannah (Mann) Wentworth of Exeter.
David and Betsey had at least four children and lived in several Maine towns, all close or not far: Exeter; Charleston; Orneville [designated on the map below as Southeast Piscataquis]; and Garland. They're buried in the Evergreen Cemetery at Garland, Maine.
If you have corrections and/or additions to the information above, or if you believe that the memorial card is that of another David Peavey, please leave a comment or contact me directly.
- U.S. Federal Censuses
- Maine Marriages, 1771-1907 - David Peavey and Betsey Wentworth; Peavey indexed as Peavy
- Maine Deaths and Burials, 1841-1910 - death record of David Peavey
- Maine, Nathan Hale Cemetery Collection, ca 1780-1980 - lists death and burial information on David and Betsey and Celia, presumably a grandchild
- Maine Vital Records, 1670-1921 - death record of Betsey (Wentworth) Peavey - shows her parents Wentworth
Post a Comment