1880s/1890s autograph album of Angela Brown of Linden, Massachusetts, a village in Malden, Massachusetts.
The album measures approximately 4" x 2-1/2" and contains only ten sentiments, of which two may have been inscribed by the same person. An alphabetical list of the signers, together with any personal information they offered, appear at the end of this post.
From online research, hopefully correct: [corrections and additions welcome!]
Assuming I have the correct person, Angela Brown was born February 5, 1875 at Lynnfield, Massachusetts, the daughter of Harrison G. and Ann J. (Haley) Brown. On September 8, 1915 at Bremen, Maine, Angela became the second wife of John Stoey Keely, son of William and Lucy Ann (Stacy) Keely who were living in West Virginia at the time of his birth.
John had previously been married to Louise Taft (Farnum) and had two sons with her. Angela and John had at least one child, a daughter Dorothy E. Keely. The 1920 Census found John, Angela, Dorothy and John's two sons from his previous marriage at Loudon, West Virginia.
The 1930 Census found John, Angela and Dorothy in Cincinnati. I found where a Dorothy E. Keely died in Ohio in 1937. I hope it wasn't this Dorothy. Eventually they returned to Maine where they're listed in a 1944 Portland directory. I don't have a death date for Angela, but John, a centenarian, died in 1977.
If you have corrections and/or additions to the information above, or information on any of the signers listed below, please leave a comment or contact me directly.
Hattie Marshall inscribed a page on February 23, 1890.
Agnes Collins of Linden, Massachusetts, inscribed a page on Saturday, March 13, 1886
Abbie Nunn of Linden, Massachusetts, inscribed a page on May 16, 1886.
Nellie Nunn inscribed a page at Linden, Massachusetts, on May 15, 1886.
Jack Heiser inscribed page and called himself Hitter, W. B. Pugilist
One page was unsigned, but dated 1895.
Signers in the album, listed alphabetically
- Unsigned, dated 1895
- Angela Brown of Linden, a village in Malden, Massachusetts; album owner
- Agnes Collins of Linden, Massachusetts, signed on Saturday, March 13, 1886; "your playmate"
- Elva I. Gove of Lynnfield, Massachusetts, signed on March 20, 1885
- Jack Heiser, "W.B. Pugilist"
- Philip Herbert, signed on May 24, 1886
- Hattie Marshall, signed on February 23, 1890
- Abbie Munn of Linden, Massachusetts, signed on May 16, 1886
- Nellie Nunn, signed at Linden, Massachusetts, on May 15, 1886
- H. Olsen, signed on January 14, 1894
- Harry Olsen, signed on March 27, 1895 at East Cambridge, Massachusetts