One inscriber, Asenath Haskell of Rockport, directed to sentiment to "Tina".
The album measures approximately 4-1/4" by 3" and contains the sentiments of 19 of the owner's relatives and friends, including, possibly, her father. An alphabetical list of the inscribers, together with any personal information they offered, appears at the end of this post.
Surnames in the Album
From brief online research, hopefully correct - corrections and additions requested:
The owner was presumably a child of Sea Captain James Robbins Thurston and his wife Pauline (Ackley) Thurston of Rockport, Maine. From the sources I checked, there were three sons and three daughters - one son died young and the youngest daughter was presumably too young to be the owner of the autograph album. Both of the sons inscribed pages in their sibling's album, and one sister died, but, sadly, she did not give her name.
The James R. Thurston who inscribed a page at Rockport, Maine, in 1881 might have been the album owner's father.
- Everett Thurston (1855-1858)
- Lillian Isaphone Thurston (1860-1936) - possibly the sister who inscribed a page
- George Everett Thurston (abt 1861-1937) - he inscribed a page in the album as "brother"
- Laronce E. Thurston or Elizabeth Bell Thurston (abt 1864-), who would marry Carlton E. Orcutt - possibly the sister who inscribed a page.
- Frank James Thurston (1869-1966) - he inscribed a page as "brother"
- Gertrude D. Thurston (1878-1971), would marry Luther Eugene Kneeland
- ? - Signed by Oliver or Obrien or ?; inscribed at Rockport, Maine, on May 12, 1880
- I. R. A. or ? R. A.; inscribed on March 6, 1879
- Laura E. H. Arey of Hampden, Maine. Laura Emily Heywood Arey (1853-1935), who would marry Professor Bela Malcolm Lawrence.
- Cora M. Bridges of Brooklin, Maine; inscribed on June 2, 1879. Perhaps Cora M. (Carter) Bridges (1861-1881), wife of Edward P. Bridges.
- Hattie E. Carey of Rockport, Maine; inscribed on June 19, 1880. Presumably the Harriet E. Carey (abt 1864-) who would marry Samuel Veazie Blanchard in 1883.
- Eben C. Crockett of Rockport, Maine; inscribed on January 10, 1879
- Fannie Fuller of Rockport, Maine; inscribed on February 12, 1880. Possibly Francena H. Fuller (1869-) daughter of John S. Fuller and Emma C. (Talbot) Fuller
- Asenath Haskell of Rockport, Maine; inscribed on March 31, 1879. Presumably Asenath R. Haskell (abt 1864-1935), daughter of Capt. Hiram Haskell and Susan Mary (Crockett) Haskell and future wife of Arthur Clyde Saunders
- Sadie Higgins of Rockport, Maine; inscribed on May 16, 1879. Several possibilities but perhaps Sarah B. Higgins (abt 1864-1912), daughter of Martin Higgins and Amelia (Thomas) Higgins of Lincolnville, Maine.
- N. Jeannette Ingraham of Rockport, Maine; inscribed in January 1879. Presumably schoolteacher Nancy Jeannette Ingraham (1855-1939), who would marry Galen Jones Tribou.
- Matilda S. Knowles of South Deer Isle; inscribed on July 23, 1879. Schoolteacher Matilda (Small) Knowles (1843-1933), wife of ? Knowles, but divorced at some point.
- S. J. Orr of Dorchester, Massachusetts; inscribed on September 2, 1883. Perhaps Sarah Jane (Downey) Orr or her husband James Sylvanus Orr or Sylvanus James Orr
- J. W. Small of Rockport, Maine; inscribed on February 18, 1879. Several possibilities but perhaps John W. Small (abt 1860-), who married Emma A. Ott. . Other records show 1859 or 1860
- Allen Sylvester of Rockport, Maine; inscribed on February 10, 1879; written upside down. Allan F. Sylvester (1848-1910), a ship carpenter, whose wife Philena H. (Andrews) Sylvester inscribed the right facing page.
- Philena Sylvester of Rockport, Maine; inscribed on February 10, 1879.; written upside down. Philena H. (Andrews) Sylvester (1850-1907), whose husband Allen F. Sylvester inscribed the left facing page.
- Frank Thurston of Rockport, Maine; inscribed on November 11, 1883. Brother of album owner. He was Frank James Thurston (1869-1966), whose ashes were scattered in Camden Harbor.
- George E. Thurston of Rockport, Maine; inscribed on February 18, 1878; "your brother". George Everett Thurston (abt 1861-1937).
- James R. Thurston of Rockport, Maine; inscribed on June 5, 1881. Perhaps Capt. James Robbins Thurston (1832-1895), the album owner's father
- Sister; inscribed on February 9, 1879. Presumably one of the daughters of Sea Capt. James Robbins Thurston and Paulina Seavey (Ackley) Thurston.
- J. Young of Camden, Maine; inscribed on February 18, 1879. Middle initial possibly G. Perhaps Jason G. Young (abt 1856-1940)