Family Bible that was given to Frank C. Bennett as a Christmas present. He may have been living at Hartford, Maine, or Wilton, Maine, or even at Scituate, Massachusetts, when he received the gift.
The Bible measures approximately 7-1/4" by 5" by 1-1/2".
Frank C. Bennett was the son of Enoch B. and Esther A. (Stevens) Bennett.
Frank, then of East Wilton, Maine, and Olie S. Reynolds of Sidney, Maine, were married on July 9, 1892, though the last digit appears struck over, and I haven't found a marriage record yet to verify a date. Olie was the daughter of Thomas Everett Reynolds and Mary Malinda (Sawtelle) Reynolds.
Frank and Olie and their family lived in several places in Maine as Frank accepted employment with various woolen mills, as noted in an October 31, 1907 issue of American Wool and Cotton Reporter. Some of these Maine towns include:
- East Wilton
- Lisbon Center
- Frank C. Bennett, born April 7, 1871 in Hartford, Maine
- Olie S. Reynolds, born April 19, 1870 in Sidney, Maine
- Bessie A., daughter of F. C. and Olie Bennett, born November 14, 1891 in Lisbon, Maine
- F. Carl Winfield, son of Frank C. & Olie Bennett, born on January 17, 1897 in East Wilton, Maine
- Cherry A., adopted daughter of Frank C. and Olie Bennett, born February 15, 1887 in Rome, Maine