- Stella E. Bishop. Perhaps Estella Eudora Bishop (1857-1894), who would marry George Edward Kyes.
- Mina E. Carpenter of East Jay, Maine; inscribed on June 26, 1880. Presumably Mina E. Carpenter (1865-1945), who would marry Eugene B. Spearing.
- Everett E. Dow of Livermore Falls, Maine; inscribed on February 21, 1878
- Nellie Dunnell of North Jay, Maine; inscribed on January 2, 1880. Perhaps Nancy Ellen Dunnell (abt 1852-1927), who would marry Edmund E. Walker.
- May E. Goding; inscribed on February 9, 1879. Perhaps May Ella Goding (1856-1928), who would marry William Henry Drake.
- Delia Holmes of Jay, Maine; inscribed on January 19, 1881. Presumably Delia F. Holmes (1862-1948).
- Hattie L. Humphrey of North Jay, Maine; inscribed on December 14, 1879. Harriet Louise Humphrey (1857-1924), "Hattie", sister of inscriber Lucie E. Humphrey and future wife of George H. Merrill.
- Lucie E. Humphrey of North Jay, Maine; inscribed on December 14, 1879. Lucie E. Humphrey (1862-1932), sister of inscriber Hattie Louise Humphrey and future wife of Eugene Wallace Macomber.
- Alice M. Kyes of North Jay, Maine; inscribed on February 14, 1879. Alice M. Kyes (1859-1898), sister of inscriber Cora H. Kyes and future wife of inscriber Clifford R. Thompson, also inscribed pages in the album.
- Cora H. Kyes of North Jay, Maine; inscribed on February 18, 1883. Sister of inscriber Alice M. Kyes. Presumably the Cora H. Kyes (1868-1936) who married Albert Hunt in Massachusetts in 1893.
- Ellen F. Kyes of North Jay, Maine; inscribed on December 20, 1879. Ellen F. Kyes (1859-1908), sister of inscriber Horace A. Kyes and future wife of John H. Look
- Horace A. Kyes of North Jay, Maine; inscribed on December 19, 1879. Horace A. Kyes (1863-1935), brother of inscriber Ellen F. Kyes.
- Frank B. Lothrop of Leeds Centre, Maine; inscribed on January 15, 1881. Perhaps Frank Burton Lothrop (1862-1930)
- H. Mabel Morse of Jay, Maine; inscribed on January 20, 1881
- Mary E. Morse of N. Jay, Maine [or West Jay, Maine]; inscribed on August 8, 1879
- W. H. Noyes of Jay, Maine; inscribed on February 11, 1880. Possibly Weller Hayward Noyes (1860-1947).
- Sadie A. Paine of Bean's Corner, Maine; inscribed at Jay Bridge on February 7, 1879. Presumably Sarah A. Paine (1856-1902), "Sadie", who would marry Edward A. Hall in Maine in June of 1879 and Henry Oscar Hilton in Minnesota in 1894.
- Lizzie A. Pike of Livermore Falls, Maine; inscribed on November 17, 1889. Perhaps the Lizzie A. Pike (1865-1937), who married Curtis C. Lyford
- May J. Reed of Wilton, Maine; inscribed on February 7, 1879. Possibly the Mary J. Reed (1859-1949) who married Eugene Davis.
- Nettie D. Richardson of Jay, Maine; inscribed in January 1880. Perhaps Nettie D. Richardson (1866-1961), who would marry Frank L. Crockett.
- W. S. Richardson of Jay, Maine; inscribed on January 18 1877. Perhaps Wyman Stevens Richardson (1860-1924), who married Inez C. Packard in Massachusetts
- C. R. Thompson of Jay, Maine; elegant bird and scroll design. Possibly Clifford R. Thompson (1858-1927) [middle initial in photograph of stone on FindaGrave memorial clearly shows middle initial as R.] Charles future wife Alice M. Kyes also inscribed a page in the album.
- Eula H. Thompson of Jay, Maine; inscribed on December 27, 1899. Presumably Eulalia Harriet Thompson (1884-), who married and divorced Arthur Fred Masterman
- A. C. Vining of Jay, Maine; inscribed on December 27, 1899. Perhaps Alton Clayton Vining (1880-1944).
Thursday, June 3, 2021
1877-1899 Autograph Album kept by Someone from Jay, Maine
1877-1899 autograph album kept by someone in Jay, Maine, possibly a male and possibly born in the 1850s/1860s era.
Several inscribers specified North Jay, Maine, and that may be the part of town where the owner resided. One inscriber, whose page is shown below, quoted a line about taking a wife; hence, the owner may possibly have been male.
May E. Goding
The album, which measures approximately 7" by 4-1/4", contains the sentiments of 24 people, none of whom mentioned a family relationship or dedicated the page to a name, which would have provided a clue as to the owner's identity. An alphabetical list of the inscribers appears at the end of this post.
Surnames in the Album
C. R. Thompson