Writ dated 29 May 1805 by Sam Freeman, Court Clerk, and witnessed by Stephen Longfellow, Esq. of Portland, asking the Cumberland County Sheriff to attach property of Samuel Chamberlain of Gray, Maine, for nonpayment of an 1804 promissory note to William Hanson of Windham, Maine.
The amount appears to be $40 but could be $20.
Thomas Chute, Deputy Sheriff, carried out the duty by attaching a dwelling of Samuel Chamberlain.
- Samuel Chamberlain of Gray, Maine
- William Hanson of Windham, Maine
- Stephen Longfellow, Esq. of Portland, Maine
- Sam Freeman, Clerk of Court - more information
- Thomas Chute, Deputy Sheriff - perhaps the son of Thomas Chute and Mary (Curtis) Chute of Windham
If you have information on any of the people mentioned above, please leave a comment or contact me directly.