Photograph album, approximately 11-1/2" by 9" by 2-1/4", with 30 cabinet photographs that might be related to the Beane, Hovey, Moody, Preble and Varney families of Maine, particularly in Kennebec County and surrounding areas.
The album has a note on an end paper indicating that it came from the Varney estate at Windsor, Maine.
Only two photographs have an identification or partial identification.
The identified photograph is that of 3 year old Sadie Eva Moody, who was presumably Sarah Eva Moody, daughter of William H. Moody and Sarah Eva (Hovey) Moody and future wife of Emery Oliver Beane.
The other image with a partial identification appears to have the name Preble on it. It's an image of a young man presumably named "Frank", taken by the Wilcox studio of Chicago, Illinois, and directed to "Aunt", possibly "Aunt Preble". There's also what appears to be the name "H. R. Preble".
If these names are familiar to you from your research, please leave a comment or contact me directly.
Most of the photographs were taken by studios in Maine, with another three at Boston, Massachusetts, and one at Chicago, Illinois.
- Ayer studio at the corner of Bridge and Water Streets, Augusta, Maine - 2
- F. H. Burgess studio at the corner of Bridge & Water Streets, Augusta, Maine - 2
- Will Dunton studio at 166 Water Street, Augusta, Maine
- Haskell's studio, at East Side, Augusta, Maine
- Hendee studio, opposite the Old Post Office at Augusta, Maine
- Shorey & Merrill studio at Augusta, Maine
- Reed & Preble studio at Brunswick, Maine - 3
- Davis studio, with branches at Caribou, Maine, and Presque Isle, Maine
- Cochrane's studio at Gardiner, Maine
- A. W. Kimball studio at 191 Water Street, Gardiner, Maine
- McIntosh studio at the corner of Bridge & Water Streets, Gardiner, Maine - 2
- Variel studio at Gardiner, Maine - 7
- Charles W. Hearn studio at Portland, Maine
- Lamson studio, opposite the Falmouth Hotel at Portland, Maine
- Davis studio, with branches at Presque Isle, Maine, and Caribou, Maine
- Wilcox studio at 75 Madison Street, Chicago, Illinois
- Dunshee studio at 22 Winter Street, Boston, Massachusetts - 2
- Katz studio at 7 Tremont Row, Boston, Massachusetts