Graduation Exercises for the Class of 1912 at Denmark High School, held at the I.O.O.F. Hall on Thursday Evening, June 13, 1912.
Motto: Nihil Sine Labore
Class Colors: Pine-Tree Green and White
Order of Exercises
- Salutatory Essay - "The Conservation of our Forests - Philip Hacker Cobb. [He went on to Bowdoin College and Harvard College, where he received a doctorate in philosophy. At the time of his death in 1938, he was on the faculty of the Governor Dummer Academy at South Byfield, Massachusetts.]
- Essay - "Woman's Place in the Business World" - Alice Frances Freeman [She married Herman Leroy Hartford Sr. in 1914.]
- Essay - "The Federation of the World" - Roland Hacker Cobb - went on to serve in the Maine State Senate
- Essay - "Causes of the High Cost of Living" [possibly the Valedictory by Benjamin Byron Hartford - see the image]
- Valedictory - Benjamin Byron Hartford [who possibly delivered the essay "Causes of the High Cost of Living - see the image]
- Conferring of Diplomas
- President: Benjamin Byron Hartford
- Secretary: Philip Hacker Cobb
- Treasurer: Alice Frances Freeman
- Business Manager: Roland Hacker Cobb
Superintendent - Mrs. Catherine Jewett - Catherine A. (Lyford) Jewett, who would marry William Wallace Berry in 1916, after the death of her first husband, Frank C. Jewett, in 1913.
- William Allen
- Elwood L. Pendexter
- Edward A. Thomas
If you have information to share on any of the people mentioned above, please leave a comment or contact me directly.