Autograph album that belonged to Lucy, with inscriptions dating from the 1880s to 1902, from California, Maine, Massachusetts and New Hampshire, most of them from Massachusetts.
Sadly, there's no ownership page with Lucy's name, but the entry of Elmer S. Church, presumably Elmer Sprague Church, of Nevada City, California is directed to "Aunt Lucy".
Lucy may have been related to the Cobb and/or Freeman families of Eastham, Massachusetts, based on the following:
- Inscription of Susan C. (Young) Hussey, wife of John Freeman Hussey of Winterport, Maine, and Newburgh, Maine. She called herself Lucy's aunt. John's mother was a Freeman and may have been related to the Freemans from Eastham, Massachusetts.
- Inscription of E. Nannie Cobb of Worcester, Massachusetts; presumably Emily Nancy Cobb
- Inscription of Elmer S. Church of Nevada City, California. He called himself Lucy's nephew. Elmer Sprague Church was the son of George Almen Church and Estelle Dorcas (Cobb) Church.
Surnames in the Album
- Lucy, album owner. She may have been related to the Cobb and/or Freeman families of Eastham, Massachusetts
- Elmer S. Church; inscribed at Nevada City, California, on September 9, 1902. Album owner Lucy's nephew
- E. Nannie Cobb of Worcester, Massachusetts; inscribed on December 26, 1883
- E. Blanche Corkum; inscribed at Cambridge, presumably Massachusetts, on June 26, 1899
- Susan C. Hussey; inscribed at Winterport, Maine, on June 9, 1886; album owner Lucy's aunt
- A. A. Lawrence of West Medway, Massachusetts
- Rebecca S. Mayo; inscribed at Eastham, Massachusetts, on March 20, 1884
- Amy Murray of Worcester, Massachusetts, inscribed on December 29, 1883
- Louise P. Patterson of South Boston, Massachusetts
- Edwin H. Watson of Manchester, New Hampshire; member of Dartmouth College Class of 1884; inscribed at Eastham, Massachusetts, on April 9, 1884