Early 1900s photograph of a child; the reverse bears the name and address of Mrs. Martha Prescott of Milo, Maine.
See other posts that feature:
- a photograph of Rachel's mother Martha (Jones) Prescott with 9 other young women, only three of whom are identified. The identifications were apparently written some years after the photograph was taken.
- a photograph of Rachel Alice Prescott, daughter of Martha (Jones) Prescott and Edward P. Prescott of Milo, Maine, who may be the child in the photograph above, or her brother or sister.
- a photograph of Jane Jones, presumably Jane Amanda Jones, sister of Martha (Jones) Prescott
- photographs of Ethel L. (Jones) Brown, or Ethelyn (Jones) Brown of Farmington, Maine, and George A. Jones of Milo, Maine, father of Martha (Jones) Prescott and Jane Amanda Jones
From brief online research, hopefully correct: [corrections, additions, identity requested]
Mrs. Martha Prescott of Post Office Box 435, Riverside Street, Milo, Maine, was presumably Martha (Jones) Prescott, wife of Edward P. Prescott. They had at least three children, one of whom is presumably the child in the photograph.
Martha E. Jones was born October 23, 1877 at Bucksport, Maine, the daughter of George A. Jones and Rachel (Lawrence) Jones. Martha's name was spelled as Martha E. Jones on her marriage record, though other sources have her name as Martha A. Jones. She was a member of the class of 1896 at Milo High School.
On March 8, 1904 at Bucksport, Maine, Martha married Edward P. Prescott, son of E. P. Prescott and Allis (Smith) Prescott. Children of Martha and Edward:
- Edward P. Prescott, born November 30, 1908
- Rachel Alice Prescott, born April 18, 1913
- Jane Prescott, born October 9, 1915