Photograph of Annie F. Goff, Class of 1905, taken by the Edgar K. Horton studio of Providence, Rhode Island.
It was found with similar photographs of graduates of Technical High School at Providence, Rhode Island, so Annie may have been a student there as well.
The photograph itself is 4" x 3"; mounted, the piece is 10" x 7". The 15 other photographs show 7 young men and 8 other young women. Most, if not all, were taken by the Edgar K. Horton studio of Providence.
A list of the people in the photographs appears at the end of this post.
From online research, hopefully correct - corrections requested:
Annie Francesca Goff was born 29 June 1886 at Providence, Rhode Island, the daughter of John T. and Annie (Wallace) Goff, who were both born in Rhode Island.
As far as I could tell, Annie's paternal grandparents were John and Jane Goff, who were born in Ireland. Her maternal grandparents, John and Hannah Wallace, were also born in Ireland. Hopefully a reader will leave a comment with more information on Annie's grandparents.
Sadly, Annie Francesca Goff lived only a few years past her graduation. She died at Providence, Rhode Island, on 22 March 1909.
If you have corrections to the information above, or additions to it, please leave a comment for the benefit of other researchers.
List of people in the 16 photographs
- Ethel B. Arnold, June 1905
- Rachel C. Arnold, T.H.S. 1905
- Ernest Spencer Calder, Tech 05, "Giles Corey"
- Mary Alice Carpenter, June 1905
- Jessie J. Colvin, T.H.S. '05
- Florence Dombey Colwell, Class of 1905, T.H.S.
- Edith M. Fairbrother, T.H.S. 1905
- Joseph Alfred Fallows, Tech. '05
- Farah C. Glynne, [not sure of this name], T.H.S. 1905
- Annie F. Goff, Class of 1905 [died 22 March 1909]
- Marjorie Goff, Christmas 1904
- George Gould, T.H.S. '05
- E. Grace Hartman, April 26, 1905
- Charles J. Martin, T.H.S. '05 [became noted artist Charles James Martin]
- Frank Bartlett McSoley, T.H.S. 1905
- Mancel Talcott, T.H.S. '05
Post a Comment