1833 letter from Sea Captain William Heath, Jr. (1793-1874), then on a voyage to Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, to his wife Catharine (McKenzie) Heath (1799-1875) back home in Mount Desert, Maine.
A transcription of this loving letter appears at the end of this post.
Capt. Heath addressed the letter to himself, at home.
From brief online research, hopefully correct - corrections and additions requested:
William Heath, Jr., (1793-1864) was the son of Sea Capt. William Heath (1764-1840) and Hannah (Allen) Heath (1768-1854). William, Jr., married Catherine McKenzie in 1819. His love for Catharine was still strong in 1833, as you can read from his words and from the heart he drew at the top of the letter.
Not all of their children were born by 1833, but those mentioned in the letter are:
- Adoniram Judson Heath (1820-1892)
- Louisa Heath (1821-1879), who married Edwin Kittredge
- Isabella McKenzie Heath (1824-1911); married Joel Richardson
- John William Heath (1826-1849)
- Mary Jane Heath (1829-1918)
- George Uranus Herschell Heath (1831-1876); married Judith Somes