Bible that belonged to Josiah Henry Greene and wives Susan (Converse) Greene and Laura (Hanks) Greene of Vermont.
The Bible, published by the American Bible Society of New York, New York, in 1851 measures approximately 10-1/2" by 7" by 2-3/4" inches. Images of the Family Record pages appear at the end of this post.
The Bible contains four Family Record pages, three of which have entries - dates only, no place names - for five people:
- Joseph Henry Greene, his birth, marriage and death dates
- Susan (Converse) Greene, her birth, marriage and death dates
- Laura (Hanks) Greene, her birth and marriage dates
- Julius C. Greene, his birth date
- Melissa S. Greene, her birth date
- Julius C. Greene; I noted that one place online had Julius' middle name as Converse; if so, this was presumably a tribute to Josiah's first wife, Susan (Converse) Greene.
- Melissa S. Greene; she was presumably Melissa Susan Greene or Susan Melissa Greene, perhaps also named in honor of Susan (Converse) Greene