1852 Warrant from Rome, Maine, from Assessors Nathan P. Martin and Thomas Tracy to Lemuel Worster for his portion of road upkeep, beginning at the Mercer Road on the cross road near the Hersom Schoolhouse so called Eastardly on said Road to Stephen P. Knight Bars opposite of his Barn to which you are to observe and conform yourself."
Listed on the Warrant as contributing to this upkeep:
Lemuel Worster, Jr.
From brief online research, hopefully correct - corrections and additions requested:
Lemuel Worster was presumably the Lemuel Worster born in 1789 at Berwick, Maine and who died at Rome, Maine, at the age of 87 in February 1876, as shown on a record in Maine, Nathan Hale Cemetery Collection, ca. 1780-1980.
He married Nancy Marson [or Mason or Marston ?] on November 11, 1815 at Gardiner, Maine - Maine Marriages, 1771-1907. They had several children, including the following three, whose names also appear on the Warrant:
- Lemuel Worster (1822-1902); Maine Vital Records, 1670-1921; presumably the Lemuel Worster who married Mary Ann Nickerson, daughter of Eben Nickerson and Hannah (Stain) Nickerson, at Rome, Maine, on April 20, 1844 - Maine Marriages, 1771-1907
- George Worster (b. abt. 1826); possibly the George Worcester who married Emma A. Fletcher on February 21, 1852 at Mercer, Maine; living at Augusta, Maine, at the time of the 1880 Census, with wife Emma and brother Stephen; working as a stable keeper; possibly the George Worster who died in 1888 at Augusta, Maine and buried in Mt. Pleasant Cemetery there; served in the Civil War - Maine, Veterans Cemetery Records, 1676-1918
- Stephen Worster (abt 1829-); married Susan Hodges Caswell on February 18, 1863 at Mercer, Maine, on April 20, 1844.
- Harding Foster was presumably Joseph Harding Foster (1801-1869). Joseph Harding Foster married Margaret Tracy at Rome, Maine, on December 24, 1825 - Maine Marriages, 1771-1907
- Elias Foster (1828-1898), son of Joseph Harding Foster and Margaret (Tracy) Foster); Elias married Mahala J. Stevens, I believe in the 1850s. Maine, Nathan Hale Cemetery Collection, ca. 1780-1980
- Nathan P. Martin was born about 1811 in Maine. He was presumably the Nathan Martin who married Mary West Chase at Hallowell, Maine, on October 29, 1837 - Maine, Marriage Records, 1713-1922. He may have been the Nathan P. Martin born at Union, Maine, and who died there in 1890.
- Thomas Tracy was born April 15, 1809 at Lisbon, Maine. He married Lucretia Farnham on April 9, 1832 at Rome, Maine - Maine Marriages, 1771-1907. Thomas and Lucretia died in 1887 and are buried in the Rome Cemetery at Rome, Maine.