Bible that belonged to Thomas Palmeter and wife Jane G. (Webb) Palmeter and apparently was passed on to their youngest child, Elmer Ellsworth Palmeter. The family lived in China, Maine, and Albion, Maine.
The Bible, which measures approximately 11-1/4" by 8" by 3", was published in 1868 by various publishers, as shown below on the title page.
The Bible was given to the library of Somerset Academy by Elmer Ellsworth Palmeter, a member of the Colby College Class of 1887. I don't know when the Academy closed or how the Bible came to be on the market. I purchased it about 2008.
There are no mementos tucked in the album; if there had been any, perhaps they were removed when the Bible was donated to the Somerset Academy.
Only two of the four Family Record pages have entries. The first of these two has birth dates for Thomas Palmeter, his wife Jane G. (Webb) Palmeter and their 6 children.
Birth entries on the page above; dates only, no places mentioned
- Thomas Palmeter, born March 4, 1818
- Jane G. Webb, wife of T. P., born July 19, 1818
- Alvecia M. Palmeter, born June 24, 1842
- John G. Palmeter, born September 4, 1844
- Mary I. Palmeter, born February 14, 1846
- Charles A. Palmeter, born January 23, 1849
- Joseph M. Palmeter, born March 10, 1850
- Elmer E. Palmeter, born June 29, 1861
- Mr. Thomas Palmeter was married to Miss J. G. Webb June 22, 1841
- Mr. Isaiah Wiggin was married to Miss A. M. Palmeter September 28, 1862
- Mr. John G. Palmeter was married to Miss Maria B. Stinson December 23, 1869
- Mr. Charles A. Palmeter was married to Miss Georgie A. Bragg May 22, 1870
- Mr. J. M. Palmeter was married to Miss Ellen Hurlbut [no date written]