c1900 Cabinet photograph and a small photograph album that I believe belonged to the Charles Abbot Davis family of Dover, Maine; Bangor, Maine; and Winterport, Maine.
The reverse of the photograph above contains several clues:
- The photograph was taken at Dover, Maine.
- The woman pictured is Beatrice's mother.
- The family moved to Bangor, Maine where Beatrice' father had a music company.
- Mother was Mary Louise (Snow) Davis, "Louise", who was born about November 1875, possibly at Winterport, Maine, the daughter of Moses A. Snow and Martha A. (Ritchie) Snow
- Father was Charles Abbott Davis, born February 12, 1873 at Winterport, Maine, son of Charles Henry Davis and Emma (Tainter) Davis. The 1920 Census of Bangor notes that Charles sold pianos.
- Beatrice, one of the children of Mary Louise (Snow) Davis and Charles Abbott Davis, was Beatrice Snow Davis, born October 29, 1900 at Belfast, Maine. I think Beatrice married twice: 1) Percy Wilmer Howard - they would divorce; 2) Joseph Simeon Eldridge. Hopefully a reader will provide clarification.
- a farmhouse, perhaps the exterior of the Dover, Maine, home shown in the cabinet photograph
- family members - adults and children
- an agreeable pony
- the family dog
- a trip to the ocean, possibly at Bar Harbor, Maine.