Copy of the birth record of Eugene Joseph McMahon, born at Millinocket, Maine, on January 21, 1902, son of James Joseph McMahon and Eliza Ellen (Chaplin) McMahon, who were born at Bartibogue, New Brunswick, and Red Bank, New Brunswick, respectively. The family surname sometimes appears as McMahone.
Whether there is a relationship or not, I don't know, but this record was found with many other items:
- collection of photographs, including many from the Newcastle, New Brunswick area
- 1838 letter from John Paul Dennis at Gardiner, Maine, to his daughter Joanna G. Dennis at Fall River, Massachusetts
- 1840 letter from Lovina Libby at Great Falls, Somersworth, New Hampshire, to her future husband Benjamin Franklin Baker at Waterborough, Maine
- three c1914 letters from Lula Abbott at Farmington, Maine, and Miami, Florida, addressed to her brother Joseph Henry Abbott at Andover, Maine
- two c1913 letters from East Winthrop, Maine, to Mrs. H. A. Cassidy at Fall River, Massachus
The birth record was found with photographs and letters, not all of which are necessarily related. However, there are 4 cabinet photographs and one Carte de Visite that were taken at the studio of Ole Larson of Newcastle, New Brunswick, located not far from Bartibogue and Red Bank. Another Carte de Visite was taken at the studio of S. W. Dimock of Campbellton, New Brunswick, also not far from Bartibogue or Red Bank.
Sadly, none of the photographs is identified. See another post that features these photographs and several others with no identification or studio imprint found with them. Hopefully, if readers can make a connection between these photographs and the McMahon/McMahone and Chaplin families, they will leave a comment or contact me.
There's an empty envelope postmarked 1924 addressed to Miss M. C. McMahone at 251 Union Street, Bangor, Maine, by the Farrington studio at Brewer, Maine. I believe the addressee was Mildred Catherine McMahone, sister of Eugene Joseph McMahon. Mildred married Arthur F. Wardwell in 1929.
As the record shows, Eugene Joseph McMahon was born at Millinocket, Maine, on January 21, 1902, son of James Joseph McMahon and Eliza Ellen (Chaplin) McMahon. I believe Eugene had five siblings, two of whom, twins, died young. I didn't find a marriage record for Eugene, who worked at a paper mill. He died in the 1980 and is buried with family members in the Millinocket Cemetery at Millinocket, Maine.
If you have corrections and/or additions to the information above, please leave a comment or contact me directly.