1905-1906 autograph album that belonged to a Marie of Adair, Kentucky. Only 6 people inscribed pages in the album, but hopefully a reader will be able to use those clues to tease out Marie's identity.
The album measures approximately 7-3/4" x 5" and contains the sentiments of 6 of Marie's relatives and friends. An alphabetical surname list and an alphabetical list of the signers, together with any personal information they offered, appear at the end of this post.
The album also contains 7 scenes of children, one of which is the title page shown above.
Marie received the album from her father, who inscribed a page at Adair, Kentucky, on March 2, 1901.
L. C. Shoup inscribed a page on "3-7-05".
Sue B. Sutherland inscribed a page on April 1, 1905.
H. W. Tate [Please let me know if I've misinterpreted his surname.] inscribed a page on September 2, 1906.
Ira S. Wolf of 83 32nd Street, Chicago, Illinois, inscribed a page on March 7, 1905.
Phil Kane of McHenry, Illinois, inscribed a page on March 6, 1905.
If you can provide the Marie's surname and family, please leave a comment or contact me directly.
Surnames in the Album
Signers in the Album
- Marie of Adair, Kentucky; album owner
- Marie's father of Adair, Kentucky
- Phil Kane of McHenry, Illinois, signed on March 6, 1905
- L. C. Shoup, signed on "3-7-05"
- Sue B. Sutherland, signed on April 1, 1905
- H. W. Tate, signed on September 2, 1906
- Ira S. Wolf of Chicago, Illinois, at 83 32nd Street, signed on March 7, 1905