1880s autograph album that belonged to Frank Mead Bradley of Somerset, New York. He would marry Louah M. Dix, whose autograph album is the feature of another post.
The album measures approximately 7" x 4-1/4" and contains the sentiments of 21 of Frank's father, friends and two siblings of his future wife Louah M. Dix. An alphabetical surname list and an alphabetical list of the signers, together with any personal information they offered, appear at the end of this post.
From brief online research, hopefully correct: [corrections and additions welcome!]
Frank Mead Bradley was born April 11, 1864 at Hartland, New York, the son of George Henry Bradley and Fanny (Mead) Bradley. Frank's father inscribed the first page after the title page.
About 1888, Frank Mead Bradley married Louah M. Dix of nearby Olcott, New York. Louah didn't sign a page in Frank's album, but two of her siblings did: Winnifred Dix and Burt Tillinghast Dix, both of Olcott, New York.
Frank and Louah farmed at Somerset, New York and raised five children:
- Marion Dix Bradley, born in 1889
- Ora Antoinette Bradley, born in 1891
- Winnifred Dix Bradley, born in 1895; died young in 1903
- George Tillinghast Bradley, born in 1897
- Frank Dix Bradley, born in 1909
Frank died in 1930, and Louah in 1952. They're buried at the Somerset Cemetery at Somerset, New York.
If you have corrections and/or additions to the information above, or information on any of the signers listed below, please leave a comment or contact me directly.
Surnames in the Album
|Bradley ||King ||Sherwood|
Signers in the Album [Note: Given names within a specific surname may not be in alphabetical order.]
- F. M. Babcock of Lockport, New York
- Sarah E. Barber of Shirland, Illinois, signed on December 29, 1881
- Sarah F. Barber of Clinton, New York, signed on February 20, 1882
- Frank M. Bradley of Somerset, New York; album owner Frank Mead Bradley
- George H. Bradley; Frank's father George Henry Bradley.
- Winnifred Dix, signed at Olcott, New York, on June 17, 1888. Sister to Frank's wife Louah M. (Dix) Bradley
- Burt T. Dix of Olcott, New York, signed on March 4, 1888. Burt TIllinghast Dix was a brother of Frank's wife Louah M. (Dix) Bradley.
- Asher B. Evans, signed on January 31, 1882
- Helen E. Garrett of Johnsons Creek [no state written, but presumably in Niagara County, New York], signed on March 5, 1882
- Mr. Henry Hoag of Cambria, New York, signed on February 13, 1882
- Eva Hoag of Cambria, New York, signed on February 18, 1882. Middle initial might be P or S or ?
- Mary A. King, signed at Lockport, New York, on March 19, 1882. She was Mary A. (Barber) King, whose husband James O. King also inscribed a page.
- James O. King, signed at Lockport, New York, on January 23, 1882. His wife Mary A. (Barber) King also inscribed a page.
- Burr Lewis
- Philip E. McKinney, signed on January 10, 1882
- Jennie H. Sears of Newfane, New York, signed on December 18, 1883
- Sarah Sheehan of Somerset, New York, signed on December 26, 1881
- G. Sherwood, signed on March 10, 1882
- Mrs. C. H. St. John, signed on August 29 [no year written] at Beloit, Kansas.
- Lelia Webber, signed on January 6, 1882
- Ella Williams of Lockport, New York, signed on March 8 1882
- S. Williams, signed in 1883; sketched a feather.