1910-1914 autograph album of Harry Raymond Bowers of Omar, New York, presumably the village in Alexandria, New York, in Jefferson County.
The album has a copper embellishment on the front cover and measures approximately 6-1/2" x 4-1/4". It contains the sentiments of 12 of Harry's relatives and friends. An alphabetical surname list and an alphabetical list of the signers, together with any personal information they offered, appear at the end of this post.
From brief online research, hopefully correct: [corrections and additions welcome!]
Harry Raymond Bowers was born September 22, 1897 in Jefferson County, New York, the son of Sidney Theodore Bowers and Cora A. (Collins) Bowers. Harry had a sister, Hazel L. Bowers, who inscribed a page in his album on February 14, 1911.
Two signers indicated they were Harry's cousins: Grace Keech, who inscribed a page on August 1, 1911; and Mary Keech, who inscribed a page on July 17, 1912.
Between 1920 an 1930, Harry Raymond Bowers married Viola Norton. They settled at Alexandria, New York. Viola died in 1983, and Harry in 1984.
If you have corrections and/or additions to the information above, or information on any of the signers listed below, please leave a comment or contact me directly.
Surnames in the album
Laura [middle name or surname?]
Perry or Terry
Terry or Perry
Signers in the album [Note: Given names within a specific surname may not be in alphabetical order.]
- Anna Laura, signed on January 20, 1912
- No name, dated August 16, 1914
- Mur, signed on August 17, 1913
- Harry Raymond Bowers of Omar, New York; album owner
- Hazel, signed on February 14, 1911; Harry's sister Hazel R. Bowers
- C. Breslow
- R. Cannon, signed on August 20, 1913
- P. E. Consaul, signed on January 25, 1914
- Ruby Garlock, signed on October 26, 1910
- Clarence Henderson, signed on August 17, 1913
- Grace Keech, signed on August 1, 1911; Harry's cousin
- Mary Keech, signed on July 17, 1912; Harry's cousin
- Anna Laura, signed on January 20, 1912; Laura could be a middle name or a surname
- Edyth M. Perry or Edyth M. Terry, signed on March 9, 1913
- Edyth M. Terry or Edyth M. Perry, signed on March 9, 1913