1890-1897 autograph album that belonged to Katie C. Beyer of Allegheny County, Pennsylvania, possibly at Wexford or Pine.
The album, which has puffy red velvet covers, measures approximately 7-3/4" x 4-1/2" and contains the sentiments of 32 of Katie's relatives and friends. An alphabetical surname list and an alphabetical list of the signers, together with any personal information they offered, appear at the end of this post.
One of the signers, Maggie E. Beyer, who inscribed a page on January 18, 1891, called herself Katie's sister. I don't know if Maggie was a sister or sister-in-law, as I'm not sure if Beyer was Katie's maiden name.
Another signer inscribed a page from Mariette to Mother, which appears to be a page signed later by Katie's daughter Harriette, though I haven't yet found a connection.
Several members of the Sasse family inscribed pages in the album. One of them, Ella S. Sasse, signed her page on January 21, 1892. Interestingly, I found that an Ella Sasse married a Christ Beyer on April 22, 1896 in Allegheny County, Pennsylvania.
Hopefully a reader with knowledge of the genealogy and history of Allegheny County, Pennsylvania, will leave a comment with information on the Beyer family.
Signers in the album [Note: Given names within a specific surname may not be in alphabetical order.]
- "Greetings from Harriette to Mother"
- Unsigned; sketch of a bird, done at Wexford, Allegheny County, Pennsylvania
- Katie C. Beyer of Allegheney County, Pennsylvania, dated May 18, 1890; album owner
- Maggie E. Beyer, signed on January 18, 1891; "your Sister"
- Emma L. Born, signed on February 21, 1890
- Lillie M. Born, signed on February 21, 1890
- Luella Coldenberg, signed on May 30, 1890
- Ella Duncan, signed on November 25, 1891. Interesting sentiment: "Creditors have better memories than debtors."
- Mrs. Rebecca Eck, signed on August 10, 1890
- Caroline Emmett, signed on March 8, 1891
- Annie Emmett, signed on May 8, 1892
- Alice Fogal, signed on November 27, 1891; "your schoolmate". Katie pasted a clipping of Alice's death notice on the page, indicating that she was the widow of William Dean and listing her surviving siblings. The clipping is undated.
- Mary Henneman, signed on July 18, 1897
- May Jones, signed on July 1, 1890
- Annie E. Kelley
- Maggie Kemp, signed on January 25, 1891
- Mabel Kidd, signed on November 27, 1891
- Bessie Kidd, signed on November 27, 1891
- Rachael Lennox, signed on July 5, 1895
- Katie Meyer, signed on July 2, 1890
- Lottie Sarver
- Emma Sarver
- Josie Sasse, signed on January 1, 1892
- Emma Sasse, signed on November 27, 1891
- Minnie Fedilga Sasse, signed on November 2, 1891; not sure of middle name. Minnie F. Sasse, born about Dec. 1880, daughter of Elijah T. Sasse and Livia A. (Mickley) Sasse.
- Ella S. Sasse, signed on January 21, 1892
- Pious T. Sasse, signed on January 25, 1892. There was a Sasse sibling by the name of Pious Theodore Sasse, but the sentiment appears to indicate the signer is a girl.
- Lena Sickeler, signed on February 26, 1893 at Wexford, Pennsylvania
- Rena Soergel, signed on April 23, 1893; "your school Friend"
- Mrs. Kate Soergel, signed on November 9, 1890
- Mollie Soergel, signed on April 23, 1893
- Mary A. Stetter, signed on March 30, 1898
- Emma Warner, signed on November 27, 1891