1900s/1910s photograph of a woman identified on the reverse as "Elisha Bicknell, Mother of all the Wades". In fact, I believe she was Eliza Hobart Bicknell, who married Cleveland Buck Wade.
The photograph was taken at Seattle, Washington, presumably while Eliza was visiting her daughter Mary Eliza (Wade) Wade. Eliza and her daughter Mary Eliza died in 1919, Mary Eliza in January at Seattle, Washington, and Eliza in October at Hartland, Maine.
From online research, hopefully correct: [corrections and additions welcome!]
Eliza Hobart Bicknell was born 30 June 1834 at Madison, Maine, the daughter of John S. and Eliza (Hobart) Bicknell.
On 20 January 1858 at Madison, Maine, Eliza Hobart Bicknell married Cleveland Buck Wade, son of Caleb and Mary (Smith) Wade. Cleveland was born 31 October 1825 at Wiscasset, Maine. They had, I think, eight children:
- Samuel H. Wade, born about December 1850
- Hannah H. Wade, born 29 November 1851
- Frank Swan Wade, born 5 October 1859; married Sarah Hight; homeopathic physician in New Richmond, Wisconsin
- Mary Eliza Wade, born 8 January 1862; married Chester Crowell Wade, son of Albert C. and Loantha (Pike) Wade; moved to Seattle, Washington
- Carrie Augusta Wade, born 18 August 1866; married Sherman A. Hathorne; moved to Waukegan, Illinois
- Adelaide Bicknell Wade, born 21 October 1868 or 1869; married Morrill Allen Phillips; moved to Hanover, Massachusetts
- George Cleveland Wade, born 20 May 1870 at Athens, Maine; married Frances Ann Campbell; moved to Idaho
- Nellie Smith Wade, born 26 January 1873 at Athens, Maine; married John Howard Haley