Autograph album with pages signed between 1895 and 1900, owned by Will, possibly of the Grenola, Kansas area.
The album is approximately 6-1/4" x 3-1/2" and contains pages signed by fifteen people. An alphabetical list of the signers appears at the end of this post.
Four pages are inscribed to Uncle, from May Martin, Blanche Martin, Bernice Cochran and a person whose name I can't quite read, perhaps E. Bryant or Wyant or Ryan.
Several pages are inscribed to Will. Several signers gave their address as Grenola, Kansas.
If these clues help you identify Will, please leave a comment or contact me directly. Thanks!
- W. H. A., signed 12 January 1895
- N. C. signed in 1895
- E. L. B. signed on 29 January 1895
- Angie, signed on 21 February 1895
- E. Bryant or Wyant, signed in 1899; inscribed to "Dear Uncle"
- M. M., signed on 20 March 1898. [Just had to share this sentiment.]: "Bread and butter without cheese, is like a kiss without a squeeze."
- S. M. F. [or S. M. T.], signed on 25 June 1899
- Signed at Grenola, Kansas on 23 January 1900
- Bernice Cochran, signed 29 January 1895 at Grenola, Kansas, inscribed to "Dear Uncle"
- B. Cockerham, signed at Calmuck, Indiana, on 30 October 1896
- May Martin, signed on 11 March, 1895, inscribed to "Dear uncle"
- Charley Martin, signed on 14 January 1900
- Blanche Martin, inscribed to "Dear Uncle"
- Elmer A. Scott, signed 4 March 1895 at Grenola, Kansas
- John Wilson, signed 12 January 1895